Reading Comprehension Test
There is only one correct answer for each question.
Once you have completed all the questions, click the button marked
at the end of the test. Your understanding and recall will be displayed as a percentage.
go back to the reading text, as this test will then not correctly reflect your comprehension and memory skills.
1. Total information doubles every ..........
2. The average college graduate reads no more than ......... books in his/her post-college life-time.
3. The schools' reading training system teaches us to read an average ........ words per minute. (Select closest range.)
150 - 200 words a minute
200 - 250 words a minute
250 - 300 words a minute
300 - 350 words a minute
4. Who made the following statement? "Knowledge is inter-related and fragmenting this knowledge destroys the big picture."
George W Bush
Senator Bob Graham
Bruce W Stewart
Usama Bin Laden
5. In commenting about the Sept 11 attack on America, Senator Bob Graham spokesman Paul Anderson said that FBI and CIA failures and oversights "represented ....... "
"a failure to connect the dots"
"a plot to push America into a war in the Middle East"
6. "As knowledge is distributed over an increasing number of people, ..........."
"greater numbers of people will be empowered"
"individual wisdom will increase"
"individual wisdom and enlightenment will diminish"
"the opportunity for failure decreases"
7. Reading for vertical as well as horizontal enlightenment has a number of advantages for the Nation.
Better time utilization
All of the above
8. President George Bush upgraded .......... to a domestic national priority.
9. How many words of information should we be processing each day?
10. Is the following statement True, False or Not Mentioned? "The big question is - will Americans reduce reading volumes to suit available time, or will they increase reading efficiency to suit required reading volumes?"
of the questions correct.